|Main functions and Duties|
- To submit to the Minister of Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment (MONRE) bills, ordinaces and other legal instruments on survey and mapping; Disseminate, give guideline to different branches, localities, orgnizations and citizen and control them for keeping surveying-mapping activities in compliance with the legislation;
- To master plans of development; main important programs and projects in the field of survey and mapping; To organize and conduct implementation of survey and mapping projects after their seal of approval; To manage maintenance and protection of benchmarks and other specific survey-mapping constructions; To establish survey – mapping database for GIS (Geographical Information System) and thematic information;
- To issue, extend validity, control and withdraw from circulation licenses of survey and mapping for relevant organizations and personnel;
- To manage, conduct and give guideline for printing, publishing, exchanging, importing, exporting maps and other survey and mapping data;
- To participate in verification of projects concerning surveying and mapping of ministerial level and organizations under Government and Provincial People’s Committee;
- To manage basic survey and mapping activities, survey and mapping for national and administrative boundaries;
- To be directly responsible for quality of survey-mapping projects and products; Keep as archive and provinde survey-mapping data, information to users.
- To organize application of science of science-technological progress in survey and mapping, educate and train survey – mapping staff;
- To take part as representative of Vietnam in the international survey and mapping activities.
1. Center of Survey and Mapping data: Collect, archive data, create database and provide survey and mapping data to users.
2. Center of National and Administrative boundary: To carry out survey and mapping tasks related to national and administrative boundaries, to conduct and control over representation of national and administrative boundaries on all kind of maps.
3. Managing board for Survey and mapping projects: To manage and conduct survey and mapping projects implementation after their approval.
4. Center of Survey and Mapping quality control: To assess qualities of survey and mapping products; conduct and manage survey and mapping equipment testing.
5. Center of Sea survey and mapping: To carry out seabed topographic surveing and mapping.
6. Center of Survey and mapping technological implementation and development: To carry out application and development of new technology in survey and mapping, provide GPS service to users.
7. Center of Survey and mapping project design and consultancy services: To create survey and mapping projects, giving consultancy services to customers.